|1 cup||Pastene Instant Polenta|
|¾ cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ tsp||baking powder|
|2||large egg whites|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 Tbsp||butter, softened|
|½ cup||sour cream|
|1 Tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|¼ tsp||lemon extract|
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper to fit and lightly brush the bottom and the sides of the pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the polenta, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, egg whites, and sugar in a stand mixer on medium speed 4-5 minutes, until pale and creamy. On low speed, mix in the oil, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, and extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until just blended. Pour the batter into the pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen before flipping onto a cooling rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over the cake and serve.