|1||7.05 oz jar Pastene Sun-Dried Peppers in Oil|
|1 cup||fresh basil leaves|
|½ cup||parmesan reggiano, grated|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pine Nuts|
|3 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|8 slices||crusty Italian bread|
|4 Tbsp||softened butter|
|8 oz||gruyere, sliced or grated|
- In a food processor, combine sun-dried peppers in oil, basil, parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, and salt. While food processor is running, slowly add olive oil until emulsified. Set aside the pesto to use in the grilled cheese assembly below.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter and place 4 slices of bread, butter-side-down, in a large nonstick pan.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the other side of each slice that is in the pan.
- Divide the cheese evenly over the bread. Spread another layer of pesto on the other slice of bread and place each slice on top the the slices in the pan, butter side up.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Cook until the first side is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Carefully flip the sandwiches and cook until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden brown, a few minutes more.
- Let cool slightly, then slice the sandwiches in half and serve.