|10 oz can Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
|14 oz can Pastene Black Beans
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|scallions, white and light green part only
|small yellow onion
|small zucchini, sliced
|Pastene Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
|taco size flour tortillas, 8 inch
|shredded sharp cheddar cheese
|guacamole and sour cream
|sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep time: 10-12 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Drain the diced tomatoes and set aside ½ for this recipe. Drain black beans over a bowl, reserving liquid. Juice the lime and set juice aside
- Wash, trim and thinly slice the white and light green parts of the scallions . Peel and thinly slice onion and zucchini.
- Roughly chop two chipotle peppers. Store the balance of the peppers in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- For the Salsa: In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, ½ of the lime juice and a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- On medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large sauté pan. When oil shimmers, add onion, zucchini and peppers. Cook, stirring often, until onions and zucchini are softened.
- Add spices and half of the black beans to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a small pot over medium high heat, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining black beans. Cook 2 minutes or until beans are softened. Add ⅓ cup of reserved bean liquid and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove pot from heat and mash the beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On each of the 6 tortillas, spread a portion of the mashed bean mixture, then the bean/vegetable mixture and then the cheese. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add flautas with the seam side down. Cook until light browned, carefully turning so that the seam so it stays closed!
- Serve the flautas topped with guacamole, sour cream and salsa. Right before serving drizzle the remaining lime juice on top and enjoy!