|30||Pastene Italian Jumbo Shells|
|1 lb||boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 ½ inch chunks|
|2||celery ribs, chopped|
|½ cup||Pastene Roasted Red Pepper, chopped|
|6||Pastene Castelvetrano Pitted Olives, minced|
|¼ cup||chopped red onion|
|2 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 tsp||fresh thyme, minced|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook shells until al dente. Drain well, separate on a parchment lined baking sheet to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- Bring another pot with 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the chicken breast chunks to the water and return to a simmer. Then turn off the heat, and cover the pot. Let the chicken sit for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain water and set chicken aside to cool. Once cool, dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the chicken, celery, pepper, olives, and red onion and stir well.
- Select a platter/dish to serve the shells on. Place a scoop of about 2 tablespoons of the chicken salad into each cold shell and position on the platter after each is filled. Serve and enjoy.
Note: Stuffed shells can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a day in advance before serving.