|1 lb||ground turkey or beef|
|1 cup||yellow onions, chopped|
|2||medium zucchini, chopped|
|3 Tbsp||chili powder|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Whole Tomatoes|
|1||10 oz can Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, undrained|
|2||Pastene Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, chopped|
|1 cup||frozen or fresh corn|
|⅛ cup||unsweetened cocoa|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|8 oz||spinach, roughly chopped|
|salt and ground pepper|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- Brown turkey/beef with onions, chopped zucchini and 1 tablespoon of chili powder in a large saucepan.
- Add entire can of whole tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Add chipotle peppers, water/V8, 2 tablespoons of chili powder, corn, cumin and unsweetened cocoa. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add black beans, kidney beans, sea salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Shortly before serving add greens to the chili and taste to adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Serve hot with polenta cornbread, cheddar cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese.