|2||14 oz cans Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||white onion, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2 Tbsp||fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||lime juice|
|1||10 oz can Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|¼ cup||sour cream|
|½||10 oz can Pastene Sliced Ripe Olives, drained|
|1 cup||shredded cheddar cheese|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add onions and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened and are translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beans, drained and rinsed, and water. Stir, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and remove the lid. Use a potato masher or the back of a fork to mash up about half of the beans until you have reached your desired consistency. Continue to cook the beans, uncovered, stirring often, for about 3 more minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Taste and add more salt and lime juice if necessary.
- Set aside ¼ cup of drained tomatoes. Mix the balance with the bean mixture and spoon into a shallow dish.
- On top of the bean mixture, layer guacamole, sour cream, reserved tomatoes, green onions, olives, and cheese
- Serve with tortilla chips.