|32 oz||whole milk ricotta|
|12 oz||mozzarella, coarsely grated|
|1||6 oz jar Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2 oz||fontina cheese, coarsely grated|
|2 oz||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|pinch of nutmeg|
|2 Tbsp||dried Italian seasoning|
|2 tsp||garlic powder|
|2 tsp||red pepper flakes, optional|
|6 oz||frozen spinach, thawed|
|16 oz||Pastene Jumbo Shells|
|¾||24 oz jar Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35-45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add shells, and cook until al dente.
- Mix together ricotta with ½ mozzarella, ½ parmesan, fontina, romano, seasonings and spinach.
- When shells are finished cooking, rinse with cold water to make them easier to handle.
- Ladle ½ to ¾ cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Put the ricotta mixture into a piping bag or use a gallon size ziplock bag and snip the corner to pipe.
- Pipe ricotta mixture into shells and place them on top of sauce in casserole dish. Once all the shells are filled, gently ladle remaining sauce on top of shells and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese on top is melted and sauce is bubbling!
Recipe by @raccafarian