|1||16 oz jar Autentico Harvest Vegetable Sauce|
|8 oz||Pastene Italian Orzo|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Chickpeas|
|1||medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1||medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1||medium yellow summer squash cut into 1 inch pieces|
|3 cups||white mushrooms, sliced|
|1||yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1||red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1||bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 cups||fresh spinach, chopped|
|garlic salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|sea salt, for pasta water|
by Alexia @Uhadmeatkitchen
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat.
- Sauté the vegetables to be a bit al dente. Start by sautéing the eggplant for a few minutes, until tender. Next, add in the yellow squash and zucchini and mix in. Then, add in the yellow and red peppers. Lastly, add in the chopped asparagus.
- Season the vegetables to taste with garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Remove to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a little more olive oil and sauté the mushrooms until tender. Remove to the bowl with the other vegetables.
- Next, warm the Autentico Harvest Vegetable Sauce and add in the chickpeas.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook orzo until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked orzo and sauce with chickpeas. Next, fold in the vegetables, and the fresh chopped spinach. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the whole dish.