Serves 2 sandwiches
|2 (5oz each)||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and halved|
|1 cup||Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Olive Oil|
|4 slices||provolone cheese|
|½ cup||all purpose flour|
|1||large egg, beaten|
|¾ cup||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread crumbs|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2||Italian rolls, split|
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls.
- In another bowl, toss the bread crumbs.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to ½” thickness, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides, then shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink; 4-5 mins per side.
- Spread tomato sauce and provolone slices on split Italian roll and top with chicken.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.