|3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 ½||Italian sausage links, casings removed|
|1||white onion, chopped|
|2 oz||prosciutto, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ tsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers|
|1||large head escarole, chopped|
|1 cup||dry white wine|
|2||14oz cans Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes, drained|
|2||15 oz cans Pastene White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup||chicken stock|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sauté sausage, breaking up with the back of a spoon until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage, leaving the drippings in the pot. Set sausage aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion to the pot, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chopped prosciutto and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and hot crushed peppers.
- Add escarole and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes then add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, stock, and cooked sausage and simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve in shallow bowls and top with a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.