|12 oz||Pastene Gluten Free Italian Spaghetti|
|5 Tbsp||butter, melted & cooled slightly|
|⅓ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2||large egg yolks|
|1 lb||lean ground beef|
|1||medium white or yellow onion, diced|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||24 oz jar Pastene Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce|
|24 oz||cottage cheese|
|4 cups||mozzarella cheese, grated|
|fresh basil, for garnish|
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 12 or similar baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, parmesan cheese, and egg yolks, whisk well.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and toss with the cheese/egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef and onions, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the beef is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Layer half the spaghetti evenly in the prepared baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, half the sauce, and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is deeply golden brown.
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.