|12 oz||Pastene Gluten Free Italian Spaghetti|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|finely grated zest of lemon|
|¼ cup||lemon juice|
|2 cups||frozen peas|
|16 oz||ricotta cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||fresh mint leaves|
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, start the sauce. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, frozen peas, ricotta, and romano cheese. Stir and cook gently until the peas are heated through and the sauce is smooth.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the cooking water. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss gently to coat. Add some of the reserved pasta water to the sauce, ¼ cup at a time until the sauce is thinned out slightly and completely coats the spaghetti. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving, stack the mint leaves, roll up like a cigar, and slice thinly. Add to the pasta and toss gently.
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine