|¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||large shallot, finely minced|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|5||garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|½ tsp||fresh rosemary, finely chopped|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
|16 oz||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1||14 oz can Pastene White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Orecchiette|
|parmesan for serving|
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup olive oil, shallot, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, red-pepper flakes and sugar. Toss the tomatoes with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- On half of a large baking sheet, spread the tomato mixture.
- Toss the beans with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper and spread on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Roast the tomatoes and beans, stirring halfway through, until tomatoes slump and beans crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and beans roast, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water then drain pasta.
- Transfer the beans and tomatoes to the pot.
- Add ¼ cup pasta cooking water to the sheet pan from the tomatoes and use a flexible spatula to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the sheet pan. Transfer to the pot.
- Add the pasta and the remaining ½ cup olive oil to the pot; stir vigorously until saucy. Season generously with salt and pepper, then add extra pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce. Plate and top with grated cheese.