|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||28 oz can Pastene San Marzano DOP Tomatoes|
|1||12 oz jar Pastene Roasted Red Peppers, drained|
|2 cups||fresh basil|
|1 tsp||kosher salt, plus more for the pasta water|
|1 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Penne Rigate|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic. Cook the garlic for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low, add in the tomatoes, and break up with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir the garlic into the tomatoes, until evenly distributed.
- Taste and season with kosher salt and red pepper flakes.
- Continue to cook for a minute or two, until the tomatoes begin to bubble and heat through, about 5 minutes..
- Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to a blender. Add in the drained red peppers and fresh basil.
- Blend the mixture until pureed.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and plate pasta. Top with sauce and parmesan cheese.