|2 cups||yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced|
|2 cups||carrots, peeled and diced|
|2 cups||leeks, cleaned and diced|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Italian Orecchiette|
|2||14 oz cans Pastene White Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups||fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|1-2 cups||fresh peas and/or red bell pepper, diced|
|¼ tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|½ tsp||curry powder|
|To make pistou:|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|6 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|⅓ cup||fresh basil, chopped|
|⅓ cup||fresh parsley, chopped|
|¾ cup||fresh parmesan cheese, grated|
|¾ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- To make soup base, bring water, potatoes, carrots, leeks, and salt to a boil in a 6-quart soup pot. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add white beans, pasta, and curry to the soup and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the green beans, peas and/or pepper and simmer 5 to 10 minutes more, until they are cooked through but still crunchy. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- While the soup is simmering, make the pistou. In a food processor, add the garlic, tomato paste, basil, parsley and cheese and pulse to a paste. While the food processor is running, slowly add the oil until fully combined.
- To serve, spoon the soup into bowls and top with 1-1 ½ tablespoon of pistou and stir to fully blend.
- Serve hot with French bread or croutons.