|1||12 oz jar Pastene Roasted Peppers, drained|
|zest and juice of 1 lemon|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 tsp||red pepper flakes, divided|
|1 cup||roasted walnut pieces|
|½ cup plus 2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 cup||Pastene Plain Breadcrumbs|
|kosher salt to taste|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Farfalle|
|1 lb||mixed ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces, about 3 cups|
|4 oz||parmesan reggiano, finely chopped|
|1 cup||basil leaves, torn|
- Purée roasted red peppers, lemon juice, garlic, ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, and about ¼ cup of the walnuts in food processor until smooth. With the motor running, very gradually stream in ½ cup oil. Process until thick and season with salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss pasta with half of the sauce to coat; set aside. Finely chop remaining walnuts and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium saucepan over medium and cook breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and remaining ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, stirring often, until breadcrumbs are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss reserved pasta with remaining dressing, then fold in tomatoes, parmesan, and reserved walnuts. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over pasta and top with basil.