|2||boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved|
|1 cup||Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce, warmed|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 cup||provolone cheese, grated|
|½ cup||all purpose flour|
|1||large egg, beaten|
|¾ cup||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread crumbs|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2||2 Italian split rolls|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Place flour, breadcrumbs and egg in 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to ½” thickness, then season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides, then shake off excess. Dip in egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 mins per side.
- Place 2 pieces of chicken each roll and top with ½ cup tomato sauce, ½ cup provolone and 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.