|4||5 oz cans Pastene Tuna|
|½ cup||fresh parsley, chopped|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pitted Kalamata Olives, chopped|
|½||small red onion, thinly sliced|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|¼ tsp||smoked paprika|
|kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|4||whole pitas, each split into 2 rounds|
|6 oz||muenster cheese slices, 2 per pita|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Drain the tuna, reserving 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss the tuna, reserved oil, ¼ cup parsley, olives, red onion, juice of ½ lemon, smoked paprika, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the tuna salad on 4 of the pita halves, top with the cheese, and top with the remaining pita halves.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. One at a time, add the pita sandwiches and cook until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes per side. To flip each pita, slip from the skillet onto a dinner plate. Place another dinner plate on top and flip. Slip the flipped pita back into the skillet.
- Transfer all 4 pitas to a baking sheet and bake until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the tuna melts into wedges and serve with a green salad.