|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||white onion, diced|
|3||carrots, peeled and chopped|
|2||celery stalks, sliced|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Italian seasoning|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 tsp||onion powder|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2||14 oz cans Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes, undrained|
|1 tsp||sugar, optional|
|4 cups||gluten-free vegetable broth|
|2||14 oz cans Pastene White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|4 cups||baby kale|
|1 Tbsp||nutritional yeast|
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the vegetables are starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders, red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, smashing some of the tomatoes. Stir in the sugar, if using.
- Add the vegetable broth and kidney beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the kale and nutritional yeast, turn up the heat, and cook until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Recipe by Gluten Free and More Magazine