|½||Pastene Pizza Dough Recipe|
|½||15 oz can Pastene Pizza Sauce|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3 oz||fresh mozzarella or more to taste|
|5||basil leaves whole or chopped, or more to taste|
Prep Time: 10 minutes, excluding pizza dough production | Cook time: 8 minutes
- Follow Pastene Pizza Dough Recipe instructions to make the dough.
- Place a pizza stone or pan on the middle rack of your oven and turn heat to its highest setting, approximately 450-500°F. Let it heat for one hour.
- Place the stretched dough on a peel lightly coated with cornmeal.
- Place the sauce in the center of the stretched dough and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly across the surface, moving outward in a circular motion, stopping approximately 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Then, drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza and sauce.
- Break or slice the cheese into pieces and place on the sauce-covered dough.
- Scatter basil leaves across the pizza.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone with the peel. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, approximately 4 to 8 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.