|1||14 oz can Pastene White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|8||slices sourdough bread|
|2||garlic cloves, peeled|
|1||baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced|
|4||oranges, 2 peeled and segmented and 2 sliced, as garnish|
|2-3||mint sprigs, leaves picked, roughly chopped, small leaves reserved|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Pastene PIgnoli (Pine Nuts), toasted|
|1||tin Pastene Sardines, drained|
- To make the white bean puree, place the beans, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, lemon juice and teaspoon of garlic in a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the bread slices on a large sheet pan and lightly brush with the olive oil, ¼ cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Rub the garlic cloves over each slice and then discard garlic.
- Place fennel, orange segments, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, mint and pine nuts in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and gently combine.
- Spread the white bean puree over each piece of sourdough toast. Top with the fennel and orange salad, sardines, and reserved small mint leaves.