Serves 6 - 8
|1||14 oz can Pastene Chickpeas, drained, reserving ¼ cup of the liquid|
|½ cup||pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|½ tsp||chili powder|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|1-2||Pastene Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1-2 Tbsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Pignoli, toasted|
Prep time: 10 minutes
- In a food processor or blender, add chickpeas, pumpkin, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, spices and chipotle peppers.
- Process until everything is combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the consistency reflects hummus. If it seems too dry, use some of the reserved chickpea liquid.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet on the stove over medium heat. When light brown and fragrant remove from heat to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour hummus into a serving bowl and top with crushed peppers and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or sliced raw vegetables.