|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium red onion, diced|
|2||bell peppers, seeded and chopped|
|1 tsp||sea salt|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|1||4 oz can green chilies, diced|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||chili powder|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|½ cup||steak sauce|
|2||14 oz can Pastene Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|chopped green onion, garnish|
|avocado slices, garnish|
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and bell peppers. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilies, chili powder, and cumin and cook, stirring for another few minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water, steak sauce, and beans. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with green onions and slices of avocado.
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine